Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting service concerns keeping and/or sharing specific content on a server managed by a web hosting provider. There are different varieties of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's have a peek at these. Thus, you can elect what you want, based on whether you wish to have a web page, email addresses, or to share files with comrades and partners.
- File hosting: a service offered by particular web hosts, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole purpose is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free file hosting accounts are frequently supported by showing ads next to the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a specific amount of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file storage package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely incorrect interpretation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would divide the load between separate stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different web page hosting services (email, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a variety of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain providers offer a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting variant is good if you want to share a great number of pictures with buddies or acquaintances since the solution is generally free. You will obtain a random link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to taking care of your mail address accounts. Some companies offer web hosting solutions for sites, but do not supply an email hosting solution. If you wish to run an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a website, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can set up mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video creates a particular amount of CPU load, so with several video clips and several hundred website visitors, you may have a problem with your website hosting resources. Embedding the video file will allow you to possess as many videos as you would like without hassling about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to own a website. To a certain extent, it embodies all of the aforesaid hosting varieties since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and e-mail addresses, upload video clips, etc. At Angry Dog Hosting Company, for example, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that permit you to get all of the aforesaid services in one single place. There may be limits depending on the kind of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the conventional email/file/video/image hosting plans that are conceived for particular web content exclusively.